A Certificate in Wesleyan Studies is also offered through the MHOS for students who want to gain deeper knowledge of the Wesleyan/Methodist heritage. Recent examples of courses taught as part of the certificate include:
- Early Methodism: History, Doctrine, and Polity
- American Methodism: History, Doctrine, and Polity
- The Practical Theology of John Wesley
- Religion, Slavery, and the U.S. Civil War
- Pastoral Care in the Wesleyan Tradition
- Women in Methodist History
- The Means of Grace in Wesleyan Theology
- Models of Wesleyan Pastoral Leadership
- Evangelism and Discipleship in the Wesleyan Tradition
- Covenant Discipleship in the Local Church
Memphis Theological Seminary’s vision of theological education for ministry engages students throughout their studies in the practice of ministry. Our curriculum integrates theological study with practical experience in a variety of ministry settings. We are dedicated to educating students so that they are well prepared to have a lively pastoral imagination, open to challenges, ready for difficult days, and committed to serving God through service in the church and the broader community.
We’d love for you to check out our degree programs on our website by using the links provided below. When you get a chance we’d also love for you to schedule a visit to see our campus, sit in on a class and meet some of our professors.